Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Head and the Heart Music At Stubbs

I fell in love with The Head and the Heart two years ago at SXSW, charmed by their folksy tunes with melancholic undertones. They were humble and excited as they sang to a small crowd at Antones and I left there thinking I wanted to be as cool as the fiddle player when I grew up. Their album easily made my favorites list of 2011. This weekend they played two sold out shows at Stubbs and on Saturday night it was fun to see how far they have come. They are certainly more established and comfortable on stage, and artfully craft their songs so they are transformations of their album versions that we can all still sing along to. The crowd was enthusiastic, sang at the top of their lungs and gave extra cheers and whoops every time Charity sang. Clearly I'm not the only one obsessed with the coolness she exudes. 

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com
Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

Photo by Amanda
©accidental-music.com

No comments:

Post a Comment