Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Most Perfect ACL Moment


Sometimes there are bands that are so good that even after a weekend filled with remarkable music, they reach in and touch a place so deep in my soul that suddenly I am standing in a crowd of ten thousand or more and crying because it is the only way I can react to this music that is so damn good.

Such was the case today with The Lumineers. 'Flapper Girl', to be specific.  It was hard to be shocked at how big the crowd was for their show, but it was a bit overwhelming. Max and I stood so far back that we could hardly make out what song they were playing (we would eventually move slightly forward). We looked around at all of these people here to see this band that we both love so much, who's album we have listened to on repeat and we couldn't be upset. This band deserves every single bit of the chaos and fandom they received today. Max said it best when he shook his fist in the air saying, "Damn all of these people and their great taste in music!"

It was easily my favorite moment of a festival so full of amazing moments. I am so excited for all of the great places this band is going to go. I'll just remember to get there extra early to get a good seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment