Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Songs for Stress: Kimbra

I can only assume that you are spending today at one of the following places: 1. The airport, where you are battling overbooked flights, hoping you and your luggage make it to your final destination and crossing your fingers that the crying baby waiting at your terminal is NOT seated behind you. 2. At the grocery store fighting over the last of the turkey's and hoping you still have time to defrost it because those fuckers take FOREVER to defrost! (I mean, so I've heard...) 3. In your kitchen sipping wine and prepping all of those fabulous recipes you've been collecting on Pinterest since last February. 4. At work shaking an angry fist at the universe because you are not traveling somewhere and you forgot to take that turkey out to start defrosting last week (because I swear that's how long it takes!).

I find that in these stressful times, I crave loud, dance music with a strong beat and sung by a badass female artist who makes me think that I am as badass as she is and I can take on the world. Kimbra has been my go-to badass female artist for several months now. Her entire album is fantastic and every time I listen to it, I think that I can take on the whole world. Here is my favorite song off of the album. Play it loud and go take on the world (or that turkey!).


No comments:

Post a Comment